These crunchy croutons are great in your salad or in your soup. You can even munch on them as a snack in the evening when that crunch craving hits.
It's so easy to make things healthy just by switching up the ingredients. If you are new to trying out healthy ingredient switches this is the perfect recipe to try:
- Coconut oil has been switched with butter
- The bread has been switched up with Ezekiel bread
- And because these croutons are homemade and its made with clean ingredients there are no preservatives
Cut up the bread into cubes.
I used Ezekiel bread. Maybe you are wondering what Ezekiel bread is? It's a bread made with super good ingredients. We use Food for Life's Ezekiel bread because its organic, its made with freshly sprouted grains and contains no flour. We get our Ezekiel bread in the freezer section in our local health food store or in the healthy/natural row our local large chain grocery store.
Pick your spices. I used a jalapeno & Himalayan salt new spice blend for this recipe.
Melt the coconut oil and mix in the spices. Drizzle over the bread cubes and mix around and bake.
So much better than store bought croutons...crunch crunch crunch
Healthy Homemade Crunchy Crouton Recipe
Makes: about 4 cups
What You Need
- 4 pieces of Ezekiel Bread
- 4 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon of your favourite spices (I used a Jalapeno & Himalayan salt blend)
What To Do
(1) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
(2) Cut the bread into cubes and spread out onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
(3) Melt the coconut oil and mix in the spices. Drizzle over the bread cubes and mix around (you could use a large bowl for this, but to cut down on the clean up I like to do the mixing on the parchment paper.
(4) Bake for about 20 minutes, keep an eye one them the cooking time may vary based on your oven.
(5) Store in a air tight container for a couple of days or freeze to enjoy them later on.
Let's Get Healthy Together
Get in the kitchen and give this recipe a try.
Let us know how it turns out for you. Write us a comment or post a picture on instagram and tag us @saltsole, we wanna see it.
You Might Also Like
- Homemade French Onion Soup with a Healthy Twist
- 5 Minute Easy Salsa Spice Blend
- Awesome Spice Blend
- BBQ Sauce Recipe